Full-Stack Vue.js 2 and Laravel 5: Bring the frontend and backend together with Vue, Vuex, and Laravel
Learn to build professional full-stack web apps with Vue.js and Laravel
- End-to-end guide on full-stack development with Vue.js 2 and Laravel 5
- Developing modern user interfaces with a reusable component-based architecture
- Use Webpack to improve applications performance and development workflow
- Explore the features of Vuex to build applications that are powerful, consistent, and maintainable
In this book, you will build a room-booking website named "Vuebnb". This project will show you the core features of Vue, Laravel and other state-of-the-art web development tools and techniques.
The book begins with a thorough introduction to Vue.js and its core concepts like data binding, directives and computed properties, with each concept being explained first, then put into practice in the case-study project.
You will then use Laravel to set up a web service and integrate the front end into a full-stack app. You will be shown a best-practice development workflow using tools like Webpack and Laravel Mix.
With the basics covered, you will learn how sophisticated UI features can be added using ES+ syntax and a component-based architecture. You will use Vue Router to make the app multi-page and Vuex to manage application state.
Finally, you will learn how to use Laravel Passport for authenticated AJAX requests between Vue and the API, completing the full-stack architecture. Vuebnb will then be prepared for production and deployed to a free Heroku cloud server.
What you will learn
- Core features of Vue.js to create sophisticated user interfaces
- Build a secure backend API with Laravel
- Learn a state-of-the-art web development workflow with Webpack
- Full-stack app design principles and best practices
- Learn to deploy a full-stack app to a cloud server and CDN
- Managing complex application state with Vuex
- Securing a web service with Laravel Passport
Who This Book Is For
This book targets developers who are new to Vue.js, Laravel, or both, and are seeking a practical, best-practice approach to development with these technologies.
Table of Contents
- Hello Vue: An Introduction To Vue.js
- Prototyping Vuebnb, Your First Vue.js Project
- Hello Laravel: Getting Started With Laravel
- Building A Web Service With Laravel
- Integrating Laravel And Vue.js With Webpack
- Composing Widgets With Vue.js Components
- Building A Multi-Page App With Vue
- Managing Your Application State With Vuex
- Adding A User Login & API Authentication With Passport
- Deploying A Full-Stack App To The Cloud
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Hello Vue – An Introduction To Vue.Js
Chapter 2. Prototyping Vuebnb, Your First Vue.Js Project
Chapter 3. Setting Up A Laravel Development Environment
Chapter 4. Building A Web Service With Laravel
Chapter 5. Integrating Laravel And Vue.Js With Webpack
Chapter 6. Composing Widgets With Vue.Js Components
Chapter 7. Building A Multi-Page App With Vue Router
Chapter 8. Managing Your Application State With Vuex
Chapter 9. Adding A User Login And Api Authentication With Passport
Chapter 10. Deploying A Full-Stack App To The Cloud